- 800 g butternut squash deseeded and scored
- 4 carrots peeled and cut in to batons
- 5 cloves garlic skins left on
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cajun spice seasoning
- sprig rosemary studded in to the scores
- 600 ml water (and a little more to thin at the end to your desired consistency)
- 2 stock cubes beef or chicken
- 20g lower fat cheese grated
Preheat your oven on gas mark 6.
Slice your butternut in half, deseed and carefully score with a sharp knife.
Trim your garlic ends and rub all over the squash and place with their skins left on inside the cavity.
Now place your squash and carrots in a roasting dish and poke in your rosemary in to the scoring and sprinkle with your spices over it and the carrots and spray with frylight.
Bake for 1 hour.
Once baked (note it doesn’t have to be totally soft), peel the garlic and chuck it all in to your soup maker or pan (including the squash skin) and the remaining ingredients and set to smooth. If you’re using a pan, just do as above and simmer for 25 minutes and blend.
Thin with water to your desired consistency and top with a sprinkling cheese from your healthy extra and it is ready!
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 90mg | Potassium: 927mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 31785IU | Vitamin C: 46.8mg | Calcium: 163mg | Iron: 1.8mg