- 200 g kale
- 3 stock cubes chicken *(or equivalent vegan bouillon for vegetarians & vegans)
- 800 ml water freshly boiled
- 140 g potato skin left on, peeled & diced
- 100 g carrot peeled & diced
- 70 g celery chopped
- 60 g spring onions sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tomatoes chopped (or 3rd of a tin of chopped tomatoes)
- 1 clove garlic squashed with the side of a knife
- 100 ml water (or up to the 1600ml line in a soup maker)
Start with placing the kale in the soup maker, along with the water and press blend to shrink the kale down as much as possible (carefully tilt away if you have to). *If using a pan and a blender, then just chuck everything in the pan, simmer for 25 minutes and blend at the end.
Now place the rest of the ingredients in the soup maker, set to smooth. Why not be a little more adventurous and try adding a pinch of chilli?
Once cooked, you could stir in a tablespoon of basil or just season to taste like I did and serve.
Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 848mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 10425IU | Vitamin C: 85.9mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 2.5mg