- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 2 celery sticks sliced
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp dried sage
- 1 litre water
- 2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
- 1 400g tin of baked beans
- 1 400g tin of cannellini beans in water
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 small cabbage shredded
- A few shakes cayenne pepper
- 80 g dried orzo, rice or bulgar wheat
- 1 aubergine, diced *OPTIONAL - as needed to use it up
Throw everything in to the slow cooker except the orzo) and set on low overnight (approx 6-7 hours) or high for 3-4.
Stir in the orzo or rice and set to high for 30 mins or until cooked.
Season to taste and serve.
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 5g | Sodium: 525mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 5480IU | Vitamin C: 45.9mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 1.5mg