A few weeks back, I found My Fussy Eater’s Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese tutorial in my YouTube subscription feed and it gave me inspiration for today’s post.
She’d hidden a roasted butternut squash in to a creamy pasta sauce which took me back to my healthy Butternut Squash & Celeriac Pasta Bake what I created coincidentally this month last year.
So, I tried it with hidden carrots.
But, I wanted to test it in my slow cooker to let it do the hard work for me.
Many of us are time starved, so it was important for me to be able to leave it and get back to the day job while I work from home.
And let me tell you, the carrot is so subtle that you wouldn’t have guessed it was there if I hadn’t have told you. And it gives it a beautiful golden cheese colour.
HERE’S SOME OF YOUR PICS!
#tastefullyvikkie Mac n cheese (hea+1.5 syns) and salad #SlimmingWorld #slimmingworlduk #sw #swuk #swveggie #swvegetarian #swvegetarians #swdiet #slimmingworlddiary #swfriends #swsupport #dietplan #dietfood #onplan #foodoptimising #swinsta #swmafia #slimmingworldmafia #slimmingworldsupport #slimmingworldjourney #slimmingworldinsta #slimmingworldfriends #slimmingworldgirl #diet #slimmingworldmeals #weightlossjourneyuk #slimmingworldmums #extraeasy #ee
Slow cooker healthy mac and cheese 👌🏼 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . #homemade #macaroniandcheese #macandcheese #healthy #healthyversion #slowcooker #healthyfood #dinner #healthydinner #goodfood #cleaneating #healthyeating #lowsyn #sw #swuk #fitfam #weightloss #instafood #indtagood #foodpost #foodiesofinstagram
My favourite time to eat this dish is the day after cooking.
If you leave it to cool and store in the fridge, it solidifies and loses its wetter texture.
I don’t know why, but it tastes even more naughty. I have done this so many times!
1.5 Syn Slimming World Slow Cooker Macaroni Cheese
- 650 g carrots (unprepared weight), peeled, sliced & steamed or boiled
- 250 ml skimmed milk (5 syns for the lot = 1.25 syns per person, so let’s call it 1.5 per portion)
- 160 g reduced fat cheese, grated (4 People’s Healthy extra A)
- 160 g dried marcaroni
- 400 ml water (I reserved from steamed carrots)
- Boil or steam the carrots until tender and drain them, but holding back 400ml of the water but discard the rest.
- Now in a blender, blitz the carrots, water and milk until smooth and pour in to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the macaroni along with the cheese, place the lid on top and cook on low for 2 hours without taking the lid off. If using an oven, my friends over at Slow Cooker Saddos say try preheating your oven on 80 degrees and place in a lidded casserole for 2 hours.
- Once cooked, give everything a stir (and not beforehand), season again if needed and serve.
- And why not make my day by tagging me on Instagram with a pic of your healthy Mac & Cheese (@TastefullyVikkie).
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW? THEN WHY NOT PIN IT FOR LATER HERE: