- 1kg butternut squash – skin left on, deseeded & diced
- 1 clove garlic (skin left on)
- sprinkle of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 25g fresh ginger – grated
- 1 large onion – chopped
- 600ml water
- 2 chicken stock cubes (of veg for vegetarian option)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- coriander leaves
- Preheat the overn on gas mark 7, spray a roasting pan with frylight. Pop your diced butternut in & the garlic clove. Leave in oven for 35 minutes.
- Now spray your deep base pan (or frying pan if using a soup maker, pop the onions and spices in and sauté until the onions are soft.
- Once the butternut squash is cooked, then chuck all of the ingredients into your deep base pan (or soup maker) and a handful of coriander leaves (saving some for serving).
- Set your soup maker to smooth, or is using a pan, just bring to the boil and blend.
- To serve, give each bowl a good sprinkling of coriander leaves. You could also swirl some fat free natural yoghurt on top (also syn free).
Don’t forget, if you have any SW soup questions, requests or want to get easy access to my soup recipes (and other people’s favourites, then you are welcome to come and join my new Facebook support group:
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?