It’s never the wrong season for a hearty bowl of soup and this one is beautifully creamy and low in fat. It’s extremely quick, just a bit of veg chopping and chuck in a pan or soup maker. When I create a soup, I aim to add to the soup maker recipe bank because it’s not always been easy to find a deliciously healthy one, so here’s my latest offering.
This one is easily vegetarian or vegan, depending on the stock and suit most slimming plans.
Recipe – Serves 4
- 1 litre water
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 500g or 2 sweet potatoes, peeled & diced
- 100g red lentils
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
- 1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- A squirt of lemon juice
- Top with fresh herbs of your choice
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Place everything in a soup maker except the lemon and herbs and set to smooth.
- If using a pan, simmer for 25 minutes or until everything is tender and blend.
- Stir in lemon juice to taste, serve and garnish with fresh herbs.
- If you want more Soup Maker recipes, my collection of 65 Bowls of Health Recipes is now available in an eBook on Amazon for 2.12.
Tastefully Vikkie x