As a little treat for you (and that I’m inundated with a huge bag of reduced carrots), I thought it was about time I made a Soup Maker version of a Carrot & Coriander.
It’s been requested on numerous occasions in my I LOVE SW Soup Facebook group, but since it’s a classic with many versions online somewhere or other, I been spending more time experimenting with new flavours instead for my ebook which is almost finished.
So here it is and very yummy indeed, so much so you would never have known it was Syn Free. A little side note though; if you reheat it later on, the fresh coriander will overcook and lose its flavour, so why not blend it in when you’re ready to eat it?
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 small potato (100g), peeled & diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 large carrots (580g unprepared weight), peeled & chopped
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 3 chicken stock cubes
- 1.2 litres water
- A bunch of fresh coriander leaves
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Spray a large frying pan with frylight and saute the onions and garlic until softened.
- Add the remaining vegetables and fry for another 5 minutes over gentle heat.
- Add the ground coriander and cook for a further minute.
- Transfer to the soup maker (or deep pan) and add the remaining ingredients except fresh coriander.
- Set the soup maker to smooth or simmer in a pan for 20-25 minutes until everything is tender and blend.
- Add the coriander leaves and blend once more then serve in to bowls.
- And if you want to share the love, why not tag me on Instagram (#TastefullyVikkie) with a picture of your soup too!
Tastefully Vikkie x