A few weeks ago, I got a little bit over excited when I got my first ever DSLR camera (I’d previously been pushing my phone to its limits) and coudn’t resist sharing my new Pea & Mint soup recipe on my Facebook group before my Soup Maker eBook actually came out. So, after many requests for the recipe, I thought it was only fair that I shared it with you all. It really is delicious, so was happy to make it again as part of this week’s YouTube instalment.
There are 65 recipes in the book in total; most of which can made as vegetarian (I do tend to favour chicken), so I’ve colour coded. In fact, you can read why I structured the book how it is in this blog post, but if you fancy making one yourself, just let me know in the comments below while it’s still fresh on my mind. It has definitely been liberating, that’s for sure. Side note: Although it is only available as a Kindle book, most devices offer a free Kindle app reader for your phone, laptop or tablet.
Anyway, enough of that, let’s get cracking with this super quick recipe and you’ll be happy to know there is no sauteing needed in advance!
Recipe – Serves 4
- 1 onion, peeled & diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 700g frozen peas
- 1 medium potato, peeled & diced
- 700ml boiling water (or up to the 1600ml line on your soup maker. This is the one I use)
- 2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
- A bunch of fresh mint leaves (or 1-2 tbsp dried mint)
- A squeeze of lime juice
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Place everything in the soup maker and set to smooth. Note: If using a pan, just simmer for approximately 20-25 minutes or until everything is tender and blend.
- Now add the fresh mint leaves and blend again and serve.
- And finally, give each serving a twist of lime if using and enjoy!
- If you’re on Instagram, tagged photos with my recipes are also greatly received… wink, wink, nudge nudge! (It’s #TastefullyVikkie).
Tastefuly Vikkie x