If you’re new to my blog, then you won’t know that my favourite go-to kitchen gadget is my Morphy Richards Soup Maker. I use every week because it’s so easy use and saves me so much time and money while I run what can be a hectic business from home. But more importantly, it helps keep me stay healthy. In fact, I tend to spend more time sharing my new recipes on here so I can help others because I love it so much.
But apart from the three obvious benefits mentioned above, I thought I’d put together a list of all the reasons why I think everyone should have one in their home. If you know of any others that isn’t listed here, then please feel free to comment below for others to read!
24 Reasons Why You Should Buy a Soup Maker
- Less stress: There’s no pot watching or checking and stirring needed.
- Less washing up: There’s less pots to use and wash up as it has a blender hidden inside
- Saves You Money: It works out approx 4 times cheaper to make a batch of soup that serves four if buying a £1 soup from a store that serves one and will pay for itself the more you use it.
- Healthier: You don’t need to add saturated fats, meat or dairy etc for your soup to taste delicious.
- Prevents Waste: Perfect for using up uglier vegetables, cheap vegetables from the reduced aisle and cuts down food waste on those that are starting to turn.
- Quick to Make: It takes 21 minutes for smooth or 28 minutes for chunky.
- Quicker to Make Smooth Soup: This is because it blends the ingredients several times during the cooking process, creating more surface area with your veggies.
- Thick or Thin: You can control how thick or thin you want your soups to be
- Make Soup in Advance: You can make a batch in advance and freeze. One 21 minute soup session can make you four lunches.
- Tastes Better: Home made soup tastes far more superior than tinned or soup from the store.
- You Know What’s in it: You have more control over what you want to put in your soup, staying away from preservatives.
- Less Sodium: Home made soup contains far less salt than store bought ones.
- Less Kitchen Space Needed: Takes up less space than a separate pan and blender.
- Water Intake Increases: Ups your water intake, leaving you fuller for longer.
- Achieve Your 5 a Day & More: You will eat far more vegetables than you would normally.
- Encourages Children to Eat their Greens (or Big Kids): When you blend a soup, it hides veggies, encouraging more fussy eaters to eat their vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese and give some toast dippers to add more interest.
- Encourages Experimentation: You will be more inclined to experiment with different ingredients and flavours because it’s so quick and easy.
- Nutritional: It doesn’t continuously boil vegetables, retaining many nutrients
- Easy Cleaning: Just squirt inside a little bit of washing up and some water and blend, then rinse out and you’re done.
- Diet or Not: Great for those on dieting plans, calorie counting or wanting to maintain weight.
- Not Just for Winter: You can use it all year round; it’s warming in the winter with a thick soup or hydrating in the summer with a light soup.
- Stylish Design: It comes in a couple of different colours and designs now and doesn’t look unsightly on a kitchen counter
- Recipes are Easy to Adapt: You can adapt so many recipes like I did here by converting 1g to 1ml; just make sure the weight measures between 1300 – 1600ml.
- Other Features: It has a juicing and blending setting that can be used without having to use the soup making process, but they are not as great with firmer ingredients.
If you do buy a soup maker or generally want to eat more healthy meals, then you may want to sign up to my free email subscription as I am always posting weekly soup recipes along with others and have a Facebook support group, I LOVE SW Soup which you are more than welcome to join.
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?