When I discovered a combination of leek, potato & bacon on the bbcgoodfood website with very high ratings, it sounded much more exciting.
I have made a few adjustments and found that the flavours are well married together – and because of the bacon, I personally don’t think this blend does not need any seasoning.
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
Slimming World Syn Free Leek, Bacon & Potato Soup Maker Recipe
- oil spray
- 1 onion chopped
- 250 g leek sliced
- 400 g potatoes peeled & diced
- 100 ml skimmed milk or semi (as part of your Healthy Extra A)
- 700 ml water
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 4 bacon rashers all fat removed & chopped
- 4 bacon rashers fat removed, for serving
- Fry a lidded pan with frylight & saute the onion & bacon until onions are softened over medium heat without the lid.
- Add the leeks & diced potatoes, spray with frylight again, put lid on and lower heat – check every now and then until 5 minutes has passed.
- Now add all of the ingredients except the 4 rashers of bacon.
- Simmer until everything is soft & whiz in a blender
- While the soup is simmering, grill the remaining bacon until crispy & crumble all over each serving of soup.