Slimming World Roasted Tomato & Red Pepper Soup
- 600 g tomatoes
- 1 red pepper deseeded & chopped
- 180 g potato peeled & diced
- 400 ml water
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 80 g carrot peeled & diced
- 100 g onion
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 cloves garlic skin left on
- Pop your oven on gas mark 5 or 190 degrees.
- Place your tomatoes in boiling water and leave for a minute – then run under a cold tap – the skins should willing shrivel off.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and place in a roasting dish (seedy flesh facing upwards).
- Put chopped red pepper alongside in same dish & garlic.
- Sprinkle the basil over the tomatoes & spray everything with frylight & season with salt & pepper – put in oven for 1 hour.
- Now move on to sautéing the onion, carrot & potato in frylight on medium heat until onions are soft.
- Lower the heat, spray again with frylight & put the lid on for 5 minutes, checking that the ingredients do not catch at the bottom and then put aside.
- The tomatoes & pepper should be a little charred on the edges – now put all of the ingredients into a pan (or soup maker). If using soup maker, you may need to add another few mls to reach minimum line).
- Simmer all ingredients until the potatoes and carrots are cooked & blend.
- You may want to stir in some fat free natural yoghurt or quark.
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?