Sometimes I feel a bit stuck for ideas when it comes to quick chicken dishes on Slimming World. Personally I could eat endless syn free curries and pasta meals but the other half, well, not so much. When it actually comes to ‘fakeaways’, they tend to be much quicker than you realise (thank goodness). But next time I work with chicken, I want to start getting out of my comfort zone and try something more adventurous like a good ol’ Coq-au-Vin; the kind of things I would cook before I ditched naughtier foods.
But for quickness and weight watching (excuse the pun, SW), this is a great recipe to try. I don’t think I’ll ever discover a syn free korma that is exactly like a real; perhaps we’re all chasing rainbows here, but when I know it’s guilt free, I’ll take that any day knowing I can have a pudding later.
So here it is and I hope you like it! It serves 2 large portions for big eaters like us but if you are serving 4, just double the chicken.
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3cm fresh ginger, grated
- 1/8 tsp mild ground chilli
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sweetener
- 1-2 whole cloves, ground in a pestle & mortar
- 200ml passata
- 100ml 0% fat free greek yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp coriander leaf
- Spray a large frying pan with frylight and fry the chicken until golden brown.
- Add the onion, ginger and garlic, lower the heat and fry until the onions have softened.
- Now add all the herbs and spices except the coriander leaf and cook fort another 5 minutes ensuring everything is coated.
- Stir in the passata and sweetener and simmer while stirring until it thickens, then stir in the yoghurt and coriander and warm through.
- Add seasoning to taste if you wish and serve with whatever you wish; we chose syn free egg fried rice.
If this is right up your street, then you might want to try my Syn Free Chicken Jalfrezi, my version of a Biryani Soup (yes, you heard that right) and my most loved YouTube Indian dish, Syn Free Chicken Bhuna:
I think you can safely say I’m getting full use of my spice rack this month. And as always, you are welcome to pop your email in to sign up to my free blog subscription for weekly recipes and subscribe to my YouTube Channel for once a week videos (Friday at 6pm).
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?