Have any of your meal plans gone out the window too recently because of the gorgeous weather? Maybe a BBQ and a some lollypops? Well, on Sunday I defrosted some chicken which got dismissed due to my fiance’s power of persuasion for pizza and Fabs lollies. And seeing as I don’t like waste, this meant the chicken was mine on the Monday (don’t worry it was still fine to eat).
I love trying something new almost each meal time (for me and you on here), I thought this time I’d have a go at a scrambled egg hash but throw some fresh wholesome veggies in too. I was not disappointed, that’s for sure. And a little fact I picked up from Lorraine Pascale at the BBC Good Food Winter Show last year is that Turmeric is an anti inflammatory and she eats it in some form every day for sports injuries. I even know people apply who’ve applied it to their dog’s skin problems and it’s worked but please do your own research if you are going to attempt it.
So I’m taking a leaf out of Lorraine’s book and am on a mission to use up my large bag more frequently for my own running injury but you can find many more turmeric recipes here if you do have or buy some (note: it’s cheaper in Asda’s World Food aisle ).
Recipe – Serves 2 or Double for 4
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 70g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 courgette, cut lengthways in to quarters and sliced
- 2 eggs
- 40g low fat cheese, grated *Half a person’s Healthy Extra A
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Spray a large frying pan with frylight and cook the chicken until golden brown.
- Now add the onion and garlic and saute until the onions have softened.
- Then add the spices, seasoning and the remaining veg for continue frying for 5 minutes, making sure everything is well coated.
- Next, in a bowl, whisk the eggs and stir in the cheese and pour over the chicken and vegetables.
- Continue to fry while stirring until all the eggs have cooked which takes around 3-4 minutes and serve.
- If you loved up, then it’d be great if you tagged me in a photo on Instagram (#TastefullyVikkie) with a bowl of your hash too!
Tastefully Vikkie x