Yes, it’s another casserole! They’re so blooming easy to make in one pan without having to juggle over multiple hobs.
I’ve been making a lot with beef and lamb lately, but what about chicken? Plus, I’ve had to start getting more inventive with poultry as my fiance is picky when it comes to the classics, like curries, pastas and nuggets.
But I personally think it gives a holiday vibe, like I’m eating in the med while it’s been trying to snow outside.. Not that I’ve ever been though, but I definitely wouldn’t say no!
The whole head of garlic might not be to everyone’s taste, but I promise you, it gives it a really rich tomato base and it’s full of beans often prevents me from snacking!
And it’s great eaten alone, but there’s nothing stopping you eating it with some pasta or rice.Also, I might be getting addicted with food photography lately. It’s far too exciting when you have delicious and colourful on one plate.
- Cooking oil spray
- 8 skinned and boned chicken thighs (I only used 5 because there’s two of us and didn’t want to buy more)
- 8 slices of lean bacon (1 per chicken thigh)
- Peri Peri seasoning (or whatever type you want)
- 1 whole head og garlic, sliced in half
- 700g fresh tomatoes (approx 7 regular tomatoes), quartered
- 1 red wine stock pot
- 125ml water
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 3 x 150g tins of borlotti beans (or similar)
- Spray a lidded casserole dish with oil spray.
- Now season each chicken thigh with peri peri seasoning or similar and wrap a slice of bacon around each and sear in the dish over high heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and place in the garlic, tomatoes, stock pot, water, balsamic vinegar, rosemary and seasoning then place the lid on top and bake for 40 minutes.
- Once the time’s up, stir in the beans, place in the oven without the lid, turn up the heat to 220 degrees and cook for a final 30 minutes.
- Now serve in to bowls and garnish with fresh parsley if you wish.
- If you loved it too, then don’t forget to tag me on Instagram (@Tastefully Vikkie) with a pic so I know you made it!
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
CAN’T MAKE IT RIGHT NOW? THEN WHY NOT PIN IT FOR LATER?