I don’t think words can fully describe how amazing this recipe tastes. So, that’s why I’m sharing this chocolate salami recipe while I make it again for Father’s Day on Sunday.
It’s a seriously rich, sausage-shaped Italian recipe that takes chocolate to a whole new level, that’s perfect for any chocolate lover. Mamma mia!When I made it last month, my fiance and I started eating it all civilised, slice by slice. But before we knew it, the bank holiday was here and we were eating it straight from the sausage itself.
Very uncouth, I know, but after miles and miles of walking along some of Cumbria’s coastal paths, it felt a well deserved treat. But, did you know that sugar restores the muscles, post-exercise? That’s my excuse, anyway.
And while I’m on the topic of authentic Italian food, back in April, I teamed up with Bellavita Academy and Shop in London to create and film some incredible authentic dishes, like last week’s Amazing Melanzane Parmigiana.It’s been great journey to taste the flavours of my Dad’s newly found ancestral roots, which I thought made it even more special.
It oozes a beautiful almond aroma from every nook and cranny. So much so, I’m sure everyone will want to be your friend (if you’re sharing, of course).
And what’s even better is that it’s so incredibly easy to make because it’s a no bake wonder! Just melt and mix everything together and create a sausage shape to set in the fridge.And don’t worry, there’s no meat in it; although I did have some puzzled faces from my family when I told them what I was making. It just looks like a salami, so try to keep its chunky texture so it looks beautiful inside and out.
But you might need to keep it under lock and key. I left mine in the fridge, all wrapped up while I visited the Bellavita Shop in London and came home to half of it missing!
It wasn’t me and it definitely wasn’t the dog!
DON’T MISS OUT ON FUTURE RECIPES
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
CAN’T MAKE IT RIGHT NOW? HERE’S A PIN TO SAVE IT FOR LATER!
Father's Day No Bake Italian Chocolate Salami
Extra dark chocolate
- 250 g dark chocolate chopped
- 250 g amaretti biscuits broken in to large chunks
- 100 g butter
- 150 g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp amaretto liqueur
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 75 g almonds (no skins) halved
- 75g g walnuts quartered
- 50 g pistachios halved
- icing sugar for dusting
- Melt the chocolate in short bursts either in the microwave or in a glass bowl over a pan of water (careful not to touch the glass with the water).
- Once the chocolate has melted, whisk in the cocoa powder and set aside.
- Now, in a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Then whisk in one egg at a time and then the amaretto liqueur, then mix in to the melted chocolate until you have one solid glossy colour. Don't skip this as it helps firm the chocolate later.
- Then stir in the chopped nuts and biscuits, making sure everything is completely coated and cover the bowl before placing in the fridge to firm a little for 30 minutes.
- Once it's slightly firmer, place two large stacked sheets of clingfilm (approx 50cm long) and spoon out the chocolate in to the centre of the clingfilm.
- Now shape a 30cm long sausage shape from the chocolate with your hands and fold over one of the longest sides of clingfilm and tightly fold over the other side.
- Twist both ends tightly and roll the sausage gently like a rolling pin until it is smoother.
- Then place the sausage on a tray and place in the fridge overnight to firm.
- Once firm, sprinkle icing sugar on to a tray and unravel the sausage directly on top, and gently rub the sugar over ever surface to resemble a salami sausage.
- To store, keep in an air tight box in the fridge and enjoy when you fancy.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Bellavita. All opinions are my own.