While I’ve been blogging, I’ve had most fun adapting my old favourites that weren’t so healthy. If you’ve got turkey left over from Christmas and you’re not quite ready to go back to healthy meals yet, then Angela Hartnett’s Turkey, Leek & Ham Pie is incredible! But because my eating habits are leaner these days, I couldn’t wait to adapt and share it with you.
And in case you were wondering, I used leftover turkey from my last post, Turkey Cooking Tips.
Recipe – Serves 4
- 500g leftover cooked turkey, chopped in to bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled & sliced
- 2 large leeks, sliced
- 1 large potato, peeled & grated (around 230g)
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Sprig of fresh thyme
- 500g leftover mashed potatoes (or 550g raw potatoes cooked and mashed)
- 40g low fat cheese, grated
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Preheat your oven at 200 degrees.
- Spray an oven proof cast iron pot or similar with frylight and saute the onion until tender.
- Now add the potato, carrots and leeks and continue frying for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in 300ml of chicken stock and give everything a stir, then bring it to a boil.
- Now lower the heat, pop a lid on it and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring half way.
- Once that’s done, stir in the herbs, seasoning and turkey and level the top.
- Spoon and level on top the mashed potatoes and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Pop in the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until bubbling around the edges.