A Polish pork chop was a regular family meal in our house and inspired by my Auntie Krystina. She’s actually my Mum’s best friend and I’d been brought up calling her Auntie (and she’s Polish).
It’s also a lovely comforting recipe that I’ve been missing since I left home, I though it was about time I made a Slimming World version of it.
It’s incredibly simple. Very similar to KFC style chicken nuggets but is in fact, so much quicker. You’ll have a dinner ready for everyone before you know it.
A Polish chop as I know it, is tenderised pork chops, flattened in to thin steaks for quick frying and traditionally covered in bread crumbs.
You can add whatever seasoning you wish, but what I hadn’t realised until I called my Mum to tell her what I’d made, that all this time, she’d used a hack of dried stuffing.
I just kept it simple, using wholemeal breadcrumbs and some seasoning. I’m sure it’s a recipe I’ll have fun tweaking over time with a pinch pf this here and a dash there.
And it’s even better knowing it’s syn free using half of each person’s Healthy Extra B.
Have you made a Polish chop before and not realised? (Apparently called a Kotlet Schabowy). I just wish I’d made this so much sooner instead of just cooking chops as part of a meal that covered in gravy. Although I do love gravy!
Why not tag me in an Instagram pic (@TastefullyVikkie) if you loved it, so I know you made it!
Slimming World Syn Free Polish Breaded Pork Chops
- 4 slices wholemeal bread from a small loaf *1 slice is half of each person's HE B Blitzed in to bread crumbs
- 2 small eggs whisked in a shallow bowl
- 4 pork chops fat trimmed
- Place the bread crumbs in a large shallow bowl and the whisked egg also a large shallow bowl.
- Using a meat tenderiser, flatten the chops until they're just over half 1cm thick or thinner if possible.
- Spray a large frying pan with frylight and heat up.
- Now coat each chop with egg and then place in the breadcrumb bowl and give each a good coating of crumbs.
- Place in the frying pan and fry over medium to high heat for 4 minutes each side and serve.
DON’T MISS OUT ON FUTURE RECIPES
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
CAN’T MAKE IT RIGHT NOW? HERE’S A PIN TO SAVE IT FOR LATER!