I don’t make meatballs very often but after picking up a really cheap pack of extra lean pork mince with my “that’ll come in handy” head on, I thought it was about time and please the big kid when he comes home from work. I’ll be honest, I was just as excited as him and it’s really filling and makes so much, which is great if you’re a big eater like us.
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes like this, then please subscribe to my blog mailing list (on the right hand side) and you will get straight in your inbox when they go live. I also upload aYouTube video every Friday at 6pm and you’re more than welcome to sub to that too!
The only faffy thing is the making of the balls, but nothing that a food processor and dishwasher can’t sort out. If you don’t either, then you’ll have to get your hands stuck in and squish away, but if you’re determined, (I promise it is worth it), then nothing will stop you.
Recipe – Serves 4-6
- 500g lean pork mince
- 1 small wholemeal bread roll, whizzed in to crumbs *healthy extra
- 40g lower fat mature cheddar, grated *healthy extra
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp ground mild chilli
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded & diced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded & diced
- 2 400g tinned baked beans
- 3 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp mild ground chilli
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- In a food processor, combine all the meatball ingredients and roll in to balls the size of golf balls.
- Spray a large frying pan with frylight and brown all the meatballs and transfer to the slow cooker.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients and set the slow cooker to low and cook either overnight or 5-6 hours.
- Season to taste again if it needs it and serve.
- And don’t forget to tag me on Instagam (#TastefullyVikkie) if you make it, I love seeing your pictures! 🙂
For something a bit quicker if you’re short of time, you might want to try my Lazy Slow Cooker Chicken & Bean Stew.
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?