For the last few days I have had some spare chorizo staring me in the face every time I opened the fridge and so mentally, I’ve gone from one meal idea to another. And because I had a tub of quark in need of using up, tonight I settled on a Chicken & Chorizo Pasta Bake.
So here is my version. For something low fat, I think it is close enough for version when substituting a calorific single cream version with a fat free soft cheese.
It serves 4 very generous portions.
– 250g penne pasta (I used wholewheat)
– Fry light
– 2 large skinless chicken breast fillets, cut in to bit size pieces (mine were 380g)
– 1 red pepper, diced
– 1 tin of drained sweetcorn
– 1 diced onion
– 1 small 2″ long chorizo sausage, diced (I used Morisson’s Cooking Sausage) = 2.5 syns per person
– 500g passata
– 250g quark (fat free cheese)
– 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
– 80g grated low fat cheddar (half of your daily dairy allowance per person)
– 1 chicken stock cube (I used a stockpot)
– 2 tbsp mixed herbs
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
1. Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5.
2. Cook the pasta in boiling water, drain and set side
3. Spray a roasting dish with fry light and add the chicken, chorizo, pepper, onion & chilli flakes and cook until the chicken is done (approx 30 mins).
5. Now stir in the passata, sweetcorn, stockpot, herbs and seasoning in to the chicken mixture and roast for a further 10 minutes.
6. Stir in the quark then the drained pasta and sprinkle with cheese and roast for 30 minutes.