For the last few days I have had some spare chorizo staring me in the face every time I opened the fridge and so mentally, I’ve gone from one meal idea to another. And because I had a tub of quark in need of using up, tonight I settled on a Chicken & Chorizo Pasta Bake.
So here is my version. For something low fat, I think it is close enough for version when substituting a calorific single cream version with a fat free soft cheese.
It serves 4 very generous portions.
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
Slimming World Chicken, Chorizo & Sweetcorn Pasta Bake - Low Syn
- Oil spray
- 250 g penne pasta
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in to bite size pieces
- 1 red pepper deseeded & diced
- 1 tin sweetcorn in water drained
- 1 onion peeled & diced
- 2 inch chorizo I used Morisson's Cooking Sausage) = 2.5 syns per person
- 500 g passata
- 250 g quark
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 80 g low fat cheddar cheese grated
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 tbsp mixed herbs
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water, drain and set side
- Spray a roasting dish with fry light and add the chicken, chorizo, pepper, onion & chilli flakes and cook until the chicken is done (approx 30 mins).
- Now stir in the passata, sweetcorn, stockpot, herbs and seasoning in to the chicken mixture and roast for a further 10 minutes.
- Stir in the quark then the drained pasta and sprinkle with cheese and roast for 30 minutes.