I know it’s not the done thing to eat fish with cheese, but I’m sure every Italian would tell you there are exceptions.
I love everything about this meal! It’s Fish Friday, it’s a healthy oily salmon, complex carbs with the sweet potato (stable blood sugar levels) and all marries superbly with a touch of zest and spices.
What is more, it’s a 20 minute dish and I would call it a one pot wonder, providing your baking tray is big enough, of course.
Note: If you’re here for a Slimming World friendly style meal, then you can use the wholemeal roll and possibly the parmesan as part of your healthy extra (and only using frylight, not oil).
For the fish:
-4 x approx 1″ wide salmon fillets, skins removed
-60g wholemeal roll, blended into crumbs
-20g grated fresh parmesan
-Zest of half a lemon
For the chips:
-4 small sweet potatoes cut into wedges
-Frylight or drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
-Spinkle of dried chilli powder
1. Preheat the oven on gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Blend the wholemeal, lemon zest, parmesan and seasoning into fine crumbs and place in a large shallow bowl.
3. Roll the salmon in bread crumbs and place on baking tray
4. Place the sweet potato wedges next to it and coat with frylight or little olive oil, chilli and salt.
5. Place in middle of oven for 20-25 minutes, until the crumbs are golden brown.
6. Garnish with a wedge of lemon and a pinch of fresh parsley.
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?