While we’re on the topic of cooking something different with chicken; (here’s yesterday’s Chicken & Turmeric hash if you missed it), I really had a hankering for some yummy loaded potato skins today.
I don’t normally make this kind of recipe because I always think it’s so faffy to cook, scoop out, mash, put back in, so really wanted to make them delicious yet still syn free.
These are a great little side to serve a family of four and to be honest, if I had more time, I’d have nipped out for an avocado to make some guacamole but settled for a dollop of my favourite Healthy Boy chilli sauce instead. Nom nom nom…
Recipe – Serves 4
- 4 baked potatoes (not pricked, seasoned or oiled)
- 1 chicken breast, cut in to bite size pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground mild chilli
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 3 tsp semi or skimmed milk *(Part of your Healthy Extra A)
- 80g low fat grated cheese *(Half of each person’s Healthy Extra A if serving between 4)
- 1 tsp dried chives or fresh
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Preheat your oven on 190 degrees and place your scrubbed clean potatoes in for 1 hour or longer if bigger (note: do not prick, oil or season them).
- Once the potatoes have cooked, remove them from the oven and set aside until they’re cool enough to handle and spray a large frying pan with frylight.
- Fry the chicken until golden brown and cooked through, then add the onions and garlic and saute until the onions are tender.
- Add the spices except the mustard and fry for a further 3 minutes, making sure everything is coated well.
- Now slice the potatoes in half and scoop the potato out, being careful not to damage the skins and transfer the potato inners to a large bowl, big enough to mash.
- Pop the oven on at 190 degrees and then start mashing the potatoes, adding the milk, mustard, mixing in the 40g of the cheese and seasoning.
- Add the cooked chicken and continue to mash to break up the chicken if you wish.
- Place on a baking tray, season again and sprinkle over the remaining 40g of cheese and chives and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until all the cheese is melted.
- Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram (#TastefullyVikkie) if you do make them; I’d love to see them on your dinner plate!
Tastefully Vikkie x