You know, I just can’t stop myself when it comes to some cheaply found veggies and my good old soup maker. Life is easy. And in just over 20 minutes, I have four lunch portions for the week. But instead of making my usual Cauliflower Cheese Soup (which by the way is DELICIOUS), I thought I’d put an Indian spin on it instead.
Soup in the Summer? Are you mad?
Ok, so today has been especially rainy, but even on a hot day, there’s a soup out there just for the occasion and I eat it all year long. I like how this is a little bit lighter with a sweet potato but if you want a thicker and creamier texture, just swap for a regular tattie instead.
(Syn Free & Serves 4)
- Low calorie cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2cm freshly grated ginger
- 1 large cauliflower (florets only), chopped in to manageble small bite size pieces for the soup maker.
- 1 medium sweet potato (approx 200g unprepared weight), peeled & diced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1.150 litres of water
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- Fat free natural yogurt or similar
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Spray a large frying pan with oil spray and saute the onions and garlic until tender.
- Now add the sweet potato and spices and fry for another 2 minutes, ensuring everything is coated in the spices.
- Transfer the sauted veg to the soup maker or a large pan if cooking the traditional way.
- Add the remain ingredients except the creme fraiche and set the soup maker to smooth. Or if using a pan, simmer for 20-25 minutes until everything is tender and blend.
- Serve in to bowls, add a swirl of creme fraiche and a little more freshly ground pepper and garnish with fresh herbs if you wish.
- It would be tremendous if you tagged me in a shared a pic of your soup on Instagram (#TastefullyVikkie) so I know you made it!
Here’s a handy Pinterest thumbnail if you want to Pin and save for later!
Tastefully Vikkie x