I love the taste of salted caramel, or crispy bacon and maple syrups on pancakes but a good bowl of porridge in the morning does keep me fuller for longer. Pancakes don’t usually touch the sides and still find I’m hungry by 11am, so generally avoid making them. So this morning, Borridge was the answer. Will it catch on? Let’s wait and see.
So as part of my healthy extra, I cooked 40g of porridge with water, 1-2 tsp of sweetener, then grilled two rashers of bacon until crispy (fat removed), crumpled and stirred it straight in. Not bad at all for a sweet and salty combination.
Let me know what your thoughts! How would you have it?
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
Slimming World Porridge with Bacon – Low Syn
- 40 g porridge cooked as per instructions on packet
- 1 tsp sweetener 1/2 syn
- 2 rashers bacon fat discarded, grilled until crispy, then crumpled and stirred it straight in.
- Grill the bacon until crispy.
- Meanwhile, cook the porridge as instructed on the back of the packet.
- Crumple the bacon and stir in to the porridge including the sweetener and serve.