Cutting it short, I’ve had some naughty treats today (my fiance’s bad influence now it’s the weekend).
And I knew if I didn’t sneak off to whip up something wholesome and filling like this Slimming World soup, I would continue to eat whatever was under my nose.
That’s my little trick anyhow and it usually works. I much prefer meals that “touch the sides” and this soup has done just this – then I usually save my treats (or syns) for last!
It’s a super quick and healthy soup without an ounce of fat and still holds its flavour with a little stockpot magic and it’s the perfect nutritious meal to tide me over until my evening meal. Of course, it would taste so much better with olive oil or pesto and what not, but I needed something much healthier so redeem myself and get back on track, so this is what I nourished my body with.
1 tsp Chinese five spice
1 papriki stock pot
1 veg stock pot
1 leek, sliced
1 Tin of tomatoes
1 Garlic clove minced
1 Celery, sliced
Regular sized tin of drained Butter beans
Handful red lentils
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
1. Saute the veg with the spices and seasoning in a deep saucepan for 5 minutes on medium heat.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes until thickened and lentils are cooked, then serve!
Hope you like it!
Syn Free Bean, Lentil & Vegetable Slimming World Soup
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 stockpot paprika or 1 tsp paprika
- 1 stock cube vegetable or stock pot
- 1 leek sliced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 stick Celery sliced
- 500 ml water
- 1 tin Butter beans drained
- 50 g red lentils
- Saute the veg with the spices and seasoning in a deep saucepan for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes until thickened and lentils are cooked, then serve.