Did you know my most pinned recipe is my Healthy Hash Browns?
And every other day, a lovely reader tags me on Instagram while they’re piled next to their morning sausage, egg and bacon English breakfast.
And every time, it puts a smile on my face.
It’s been encouraging, so thank you. And encouraging to the point, it’s left me wanting to make these onion bhajis too.
I love an Indian meal, but don’t fully appreciate it unless I have the extras on the side. You know, the typical weekend treat with naughty naan breads, the poppadoms, sauces and the free side salad.
But these are a tasty offering to bulk up a homemade curry. And as for the sauce, don’t panic; just mix together some mint sauce and fat free creme fraiche.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a large muffin tray like I used. I only seem to use it these days for things like these which make them perfectly round but a dollop of nests on a baking tray is fine.
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
Can’t make it right now? Don’t worry, I’ve created this thumbnail to pin on Pinterest (that way you can save it for later).
SLIMMING WORLD SYN FREE BAKED ONION BHAJIS
- 3 large onions halved & finely sliced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven on 200 degrees.
- Spray a large frying pan with oil spray and gently fry the onions until tender.
- Now add all of the spices and seasoning and continue to fry for 2 more, stirring well until everything is coated.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack in the egg and lightly whisk.
- Stir in the cooked onions and give it a good mix.
- Spray a large muffin tin or baking tray with frylight.
- Now spoon the mixture evenly in to each muffin hole or spoon out 6 dollops on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes and stack up on a plate.