I love taking reduced veggies and experimenting with them; it may seem sad to get my natural highs learning a new combination while I save money, but it keeps me motivated (and I enjoy sharing my discoveries). Today it’s been all about pureeing cauliflower; I’ve been working on my Soup Maker’s e-book recipe and this evening, I took it to another level. Meet Cauliflower Cheese come Stroganoff.
It’s syn free with healthy extras and great with a naughty drizzle of sweet chilli; whatever floats your boat 😉
Recipe – Serves 4
- 400g head of cauliflower, broken in to florets
- 2 chicken breasts
- 300ml water
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 red onion, diced
- 80g lower fat cheddar, grated (*Half of Each Person’s Healthy Extra)
- Wrap your chicken breasts in tin foil and place in the middle of a 3 tiered steamer and the cauliflower florets in the top tier.
- Pour your boiling water in the base and simmer to boil for 30 minutes.
- Now whiz the cauliflower, water, stock cube, paprika, mustard and Worcestershire sauce in a blender until smooth (you may need to swish it around for encouragement.
- In a large frying pan, spray it with frylight and saute the onions and mushrooms until softened.
- Slice the chicken in to bit size pieces and add to the pan to fry for another two minutes.
- Pour in the cauliflower sauce and simmer for 10 minutes, turn off the heat and stir in the cheese.
- Serve on to cooked spaghetti (we have 80g per person).
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?