I don’t often cook with turkey as my fiance isn’t a fan. But recently, I couldn’t resist picking these meatballs up when I was in the supermarket recently.
If you’re on Slimming World and see any 3% fat meat in the reduced section, then it really makes sense to pick them up and store them in the freezer until you’re ready.
Why is it though that healthy food is generally more expensive?
So. Getting back to the recipe.
I hear meatball, I always think Italian. And that’s exactly what happened of course.
With some sauted veg here, some seasoning there and dusting down my spiralizer, this really is a simple and delicious syn free creation.
You can definitely make your own meatballs, if you want to, but instead I divided each store bought one in half, rolled again with my hands for them to spread twice as far.
Once you’ve cooked them (and the veg), just place them in the rich tomato sauce and simmer away and that’s it.
It’s great with courgetti, but also as a meatball sub!
As I don’t have it all that often, I’m happy enough with my Savisto spiralizer. I can trap my courgettes between either end and crank the handle.
It’s also dishwasher safe, too.
So once I’ve got curly strands, I just fry gently for a few minutes in a pan with frylight. It’s that simple.
This recipe stores great in the freezer as I find most things do.
I generally find ingredients separate, so once you’ve left it to defrost, make sure you heat it right through and stir to recombine everything.
However, I wouldn’t do this with the courgetti to avoid soggyness.
Slimming World Syn Free Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- 400 g 3% Fat Turkey Meatballs Each halved and rolled to make 24
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red pepper deseeded & diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 4 courgettes spiralised
- Halve each turkey meatball and roll in to balls. I bought mine from Tesco which then gave me 24 meatballs.
- Spray a large frying pan with frylight and fry all sides of the turkey balls, then set aside.
- Now, spray frying pan again with frylight, then saute the onions until softened.
- Add the garlic and peppers and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Then add all everything except the meatballs and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer for a final 10 minutes.
- For courgetti, in a large frying pan, spray with frylight and gently fry for 6-8 minutes and serve in bowls with the meatballs on top and enjoy!
PIN ME FOR LATER…