I’ve been meaning to create a syn free Tuscan bean soup for such a long time and take me back to my Uni vegetarian days.
And as the nights have been drawing in, I thought I’d plan ahead for the week, starting with the night before.
Instead of turning to my trusty soup maker, my slow cooker came in handy for the first time this year when considering a soup and took full advantage to make a massive batch.
Tuscan bean soup is perfect for families wanting to stay healthy or if you want to freeze in batches and packed full of what SW called “Speed Foods” to help encourage weight loss.
Note: Since posting my Tuscan bean soup last week, I’ve been told someone’s great news on Facebook that they ate this once a day for four days and lost 3lb!
I would love to hear your update too, so please post below!
If you’re also a soup lover like me, then definitely go and subscribe to my Tastefully Vikkie YouTube channel where I share videos recipes every Friday at 6pm.
You’re also more than welcome to join my facebook support group, I LOVE SW Soup, where we talk soups, soup makers, what recipes we’re loving and all that good stuff.
WHY NOT PIN TUSCAN BEAN SOUP FOR LATER?
You can also find my non-slow cooker Tuscan bean soup here.
SLIMMING WORLD SYN FREE TUSCAN BEAN SOUP IN THE SLOW COOKER
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 2 celery sticks sliced
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp dried sage
- 1 litre water
- 2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
- 1 400g tin of baked beans
- 1 400g tin of cannellini beans in water
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 small cabbage shredded
- A few shakes cayenne pepper
- 80 g dried orzo, rice or bulgar wheat
- 1 aubergine, diced *OPTIONAL - as needed to use it up
- Throw everything in to the slow cooker except the orzo) and set on low overnight (approx 6-7 hours) or high for 3-4.
- Stir in the orzo or rice and set to high for 30 mins or until cooked.
- Season to taste and serve.