So the slow cooker makes yet another return. I just can’t get enough of my time saving buddy. In fact, just click here and you’ll find many recipes. If I have a spare evening and want to try something new, I do the prep the night before and cook overnight. Sometimes I’ll do it in the morning and let it cook away while I work. I’d like to think I don’t work around meal times, I make them work around me. Anything to encourage easy healthy living.
I don’t know where I got my slow cooker from; it was probably on offer no doubt and picked up the biggest Breville one I could find. I’ve used it for puddings, stews, soups, curries and so much more. And they’re even great for a good chuck-everything-in type of recipe, just like my easy Tuna & Cauliflower Curry.
It serves 4, there’s no fat and it’s also so filling with a ladleful of rice and some freshly snipped herbs.
Recipe – Serves 4
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 fat clove of garlic, minced
- 1 inch of freshly grated ginger
- 1 large cauliflower, cut in to floret
- 250g fine green beans
- 1 small green chilli, sliced
- 145g tin of tuna chunks in water (drained weight 102g)
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 500ml water
- 1 fish stock cube
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Chuck everything in to your slow cooker.
- Place the lid on top and cook on Low for 6-7 hours.
- Note: You can cook on the hob if you don’t have a slow cooker by simmering with 600ml of water instead of 500ml until everything is tender.
- Garnish with some fresh coriander or parsley if you wish and a potion of rice.
- And don’t forget to tag me on Instagram #TastefullyVikkie with a pic of your curry dish too!
Don’t have time to cook it right now? Why not Pin it for later?
Tastefully Vikkie x