So on my return, I excitingly stocked up the fridge to put my new gadget through a few tests over a week to suss it out. But while I’m here, I would like to clear up any confusion and let you know that this wasn’t a sponsored video. If I were paid to work with a brand’s campaign, then I would always put ‘AD’ in the title. If I were gifted something to review, as in this occasion, I would leave a disclaimer in the YouTube description box and an asterix (*) in the footnote of a blog post like in this one.
I am always truly thankful of anything gifted that genuinely helps us save time and money, as some of you know from my The Carpenter’s Daughter DIY blog, we’re constantly budgeting for a wedding, renovations and the times we need to get professionals in. But I always have full editorial control over my reviews and the interactive Tefal Cook4me Connect* really blew my socks off.
Already, it’s given me more time to do other things; I’ve not had to worry too much about planning meals because it’s ridiculously quick at cooking things. (This 10 minute Paella should take 1 hour!)
If you don’t have one, then just try this recipe the traditional way in a large pan or standard pressure cooker.
Recipe – Serves 4
- Oil spray of 1 tsp of oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 lean bacon medallions, sliced
- 4 skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 50g chorizo, diced (optional – *skip to make it extra lean)
- 100g frozen peas
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 red pepper, deseeded & diced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Good pinch of saffron
- 750ml chicken stock, made up with 2 chicken stock cubes *(Or 1.2litres of water & 3 cubes if cooking in a regular large pan)
- 300g paella rice
- A wedge of lemon each
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Set the Tefal Cook4Me to cook Bacon & Leek Risotto for 4 people (we’re just telling it a porky pie).
- Add your oil to the Tefal non-stick pot inside (or a non stick deep saucepan if not using) and saute the onion, garlic and meats.
- Then transfer the rest of the ingredients to the Tefal Cook4Me, give it a good stir and set to cook (this should automatically cook for 10 minutes. *If using a saucepan, add everything in but use 1.2 litres of water instead with 3 cubes and simmer 1 hour, stirring here and there.
- Once cooked, serve and garnish with fresh parsley and a wedge of lemon each.
- And however you decided to make it, then let me know by tagging me on Instagram 🙂
*PR Sample – I have not been paid for this post and all opinions are honest and my own.