Today’s recipe is all about slow releasing energy foods. The type of super foods with natural sugars and fibers that suppress any cravings you may have. Quinoa is also the perfect complex carbohydrate that kickstarts your metabolism.
When I focus on meals lunches like this, I feel much fuller for longer, I can go food shopping in the day and walk straight past the chocolate aisle and also finish my evening meals with no need for a sugar closure.
Note that this portion is also a very large, so if you’re like me, you’d rather have plenty on your plate to avoid snacking. And what’s the harm when it’s guilt free?
-300g butternut squash, peeled & diced
-1 onion, cut into 8 chunks
-1 leek sliced
-sprinkling of dried chilli
-1 small green pepper, diced
-1 crushed garlic clove
-2cm piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
-pinch of salt
-A squirt of lemon juice
-A handful fresh chopped parsley or coriander
-1 apple, chopped in to matchsticks
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
1. Place all of the veg, dried herbs, oil and seasoning in a small roasting dish and give a good toss.
2. Pop in oven on gas mark 6 for 25 minutes until the butternut squash is soft enough to sink your teeth in to it.
3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan pour in 2 cups of water and the quinoa, lemon juice and more seasoning, then bring to the boil and simmer for about 15 minutes until the water has disappeared.
4. Stir in the quinoa in to the roasted vegetables, mix in the grated apple and serve.
5. Sprinkle a pinch of seeds and garnish with fresh chopped parsley
I hope you love it too! x
Syn Free Roasted Butternut, Ginger & Apple Quinoa Recipe - Slimming World
- 300 g butternut squash peeled & diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 leek sliced
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cm ginger peeled and grated
- 100 g quinoa
- Squirt lemon juice
- 1 apple match sticks
- Parsley or coriander
- Place all of the veg, dried herbs and seasoning in a small roasting dish and give a good toss. Then spray with frylight.
- Pop in oven on gas mark 6 or 200 degrees for 25 minutes until the butternut squash is soft enough to sink your teeth in to it.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan pour in 2 cups of water and the quinoa, lemon juice and more seasoning, then bring to the boil and simmer for about 15 minutes until the water has disappeared.
- Stir in the quinoa in to the roasted vegetables, followed by the apple matchsticks and serve with fresh parsley or coriander