I cannot take full credit for this recipe as it belongs the the BBC Good Food magazine.
However, I have adapted it with a few adjustments for a Syn-Free version.
This recipe is very quick & easy! It also fit in a soup maker too like all of my other recipes, but you really only need a regular deep pan for this one!
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
Slimming World Syn Free Moroccan Chickpea Soup Maker Recipe
- Oil spray
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 sticks celery sliced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 600ml water
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 400 g chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 100 g frozen peas
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coriander leaf
- Saute the onion, garlic & celery for 10 mins on low heat in frylight.
- Add the cumin & gently fry together for 1-2 minutes (you may need to add frylight again).
- Then add all of the ingredients & simmer for 15-20 minutes, or set to chunky on your soup maker.