I cannot take full credit for this recipe as it belongs the the BBC Good Food magazine.
However, I have adapted it with a few adjustments for a Syn-Free version.
This recipe is very quick & easy! It also fit in a soup maker too like all of my other recipes, but you really only need a regular deep pan for this one!
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2 celery sticks chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 600ml water
- 2 vegetable stockcubes
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin of drained & rinsed chickpeas
- 100g frozen peas
- 1.5tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coriander leaf
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Saute the onion, garlic & celery for 10 mins on low heat in frylight.
- Add the cumin & gently fry together for 1-2 minutes (you may need to add frylight again)
- Then add all of the ingredients & simmer for 15-20 minutes, or set to chunky on your soup maker.