My more recent Soup of the Week YouTube recipes have truly been leading up to this soup: Chicken Noodle Soup.
Once I’ve shared with you my latest soup, I cannot wait to get the next one off my chest but obviously have to eat it all up first before I start blogging again.
Note my recipe perfectly fits in to the Morphy Richards Soup Maker but is absolutely not essential in any way – I just lead quite busy life and sometimes tend to forget I should be pot watching… it can become a burning reminder.
Getting back to the soup: I would never consider buying ANY store bought chicken noodle soup or most soups for that matter; it is far superior in fresh form, made just the way I like it. Some chefs use thyme in this type of soup, or no herbs at all but I definitely prefer rosemary. And it’s even better if you can use fresh herbs and stock from scratch but I don’t normally have the time and so tell myself that most people might be in the same position too, so prefer using accessible ingredients.
As for servings, I would say it will give 3 very large portions if you want to feel full or 4 smaller ones. If you want to make more, just add a little more water and stock at the end.
Also, try not to skip the carrots or ginger out as it adds more depth and a much sweeter delicious taste.
-100g celery (2 sticks) sliced
-200g spring onions (2 bunches), sliced
-200g carrots (2 carrot), finely diced
-2 garlic cloves minced
-270g chicken breasts, (2 breasts) chopped into tiny bite size pieces
-2 chicken stockpots
-2cm fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
-1tsp dried rosemary
-Generous amount of seasoning
-2 dried egg noodle nests (100g in total)
1. Frylight a deep based pan and brown off the chicken on medium heat
2. Now add all of the veg, ginger, rosemary and seasoning then continue to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Now transfer to the soup maker (or pan) and add the rest of the ingredients and set to chunky (or simmer in your pan for 30 minutes) serve!
4. Season to taste once more if needed and serve.
You can also follow me on:
– My YouTube Channel, Tastefully Vikkie for weekly video recipes,
– My Facebook Support Group, I LOVE SW Soup for more recipe talk.
– And don’t forget to share with me your pics and comments!
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?