So it seems that many of you love simplicity too after yesterday’s Syn Free Steak & Onions recipe. And after getting out some sausages from the freezer to defrost in time for our once a week Bangers & Mash, I thought I should repeat the same method, allowing me to crack on in my home-office. I do try to spice up my sausage dish as I did with my Sausage & Bean Casserole but on other days, I need to spend more time focusing on work in my home office.
And this has become yet another easy change that will be sticking with me to save time from now on. Note again, in terms of gravy, it serves 2 people if you’re a Northerner like me. I also use a whole pack of low syn sausages which could easily be split between four but my fiance is very good at tucking them away while I eat two. Perhaps just pop in the amount of sausages you wish to eat but keep the same amount of everything else.
Recipe – Serves 2
- Low Syn Sausages (how many is up to you) *The Only Syns on an SW EE Plan)
- 2 large onions, halved & finely sliced
- 160g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 beef oxo cubes
- 100ml water
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Spray your slow cooker with frylight and place in all the sausages, veg and bay leaf and season well.
- Set the slow cooker on high, place the lid on top and leave for 2 hours (please note I did not use any water at this stage as it will come from the veg).
- Pour in 100ml of water and the oxo cubes, stir and place the lid back on top for 30 minutes or longer if you wish it to be thicker.
- Once cooked, I served with swede and potato mash and peas, but don’t forget to tag me in an Instagram picture (#TastefullyVikkie) so I can see how you ate yours!
Tastefully Vikkie x