I love porridge oats.
If there’s any other tricks you have up your sleeve with them, then please let me know because I’ve love to try!
But one thing I’ve tried a few times in the past and not been overly impressed with is cookies, up until very recently.
I’ve also just discovered a syn free natural sweetener called Sukrin Gold which I think makes all the difference. (I picked mine up from Holland & Barrett).
Baking with it doesn’t leave a bitter aftertaste, but rather a refreshing, sweet and cooling taste. You’d have to try it to see what I mean.
And combine that with using oats as your healthy extra B and a dash of baking powder and it’s only 2 syns for the whole 8 cinnamon cookies. That’s what I’m talkin’ about!
But I wanted them to look that little bit prettier, so I reached for some Sweet Freedom Chot Shot sauce too. Coincidentally, it’s also stocked in H&B.
It’s completely up to you, but I enjoyed some as a lovely breakfast treat with my morning coffee which also lasted through lunchtime too.
If you are going to add chocolate sauce, then you’ll need to bear in mind that it’s almost an additional syn per teaspoon, but deep down, I’m more than happy just to wash them down, chocolateless with a cup of tea.
I’m not usually a cookie fiend, but these have nicely made their way in to my life to fix a sweet tooth.
DON’T MISS OUT ON FUTURE RECIPES
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
Slimming World Oat & Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies (2 Syns for 8)
- 40 g basic oats, blended in a food processor *7 syns if not using as a Healthy Extra B
- 1 small egg
- 2 tbsp sukrin gold sweetener
- 1 tsp low fat margarine 1.5 syns
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking power 0.25 syns
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Sweet Freedom Choc (OPTIONAL) additional 1 syn if using
- Preheat your oven at 180 c.
- Melt the margarine for 10 seconds in a microwave and mix everything in a bowl. (I used my mini food processor).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spoon 8 tsps of the mixture on top ensuring they're nicely spread apart and and flatten each with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until slightly golden.
- Leave to cool for a couple of minutes and gently transfer them to a cooling rack and top with choc shot if using and enjoy!
CAN’T MAKE IT RIGHT NOW? HERE’S A PIN TO SAVE IT FOR LATER!