Milk is the first and last thing we reach for from the moment we wake up to the time we duck under the covers.
We’ve all got our quirks to get us through the day. But without a morning coffee, things just wouldn’t run as smoothly.
And now for our 7th year running as part of our morning routine, my fiance turns on the coffee maker (pre-prepared the night before) and the smell slowly lures me out of bed.
He’ll make us a large flask of coffee to share; grabs Hans’ dog lead and the three of us take a walk around the park supping between us before he heads off to work.
But, for over a week now, we’ve been drinking Arla’s Organic Free Range Milk in semi and whole. And to be honest, I didn’t know how extra delicious milk could be. In fact, the words from my fussy eating fiance were, “that milk’s gorgeous!”
I’m not at all surprised that it’s been voted Product of the Year 2018. With each cup of tea, coffee, cheese sauce, bowl of cereal (and cheeky post-DIY strawberry milkshake), every serving has tasted richer and creamier. (Side note: my cheat’s instant cheese sauce no longer tasted like it was from a packet!)
And for such a simple and delicious switch, I love that when buying Arla’s organic milk, it also guarantees higher standards of their cow’s welfare and sustainability across 89 of the 100% organic farms.
Each devoted farmer proudly lets nature take its course without the use of artificial fertilisers or herbicides on the land. We now believe this is what contributes to it being the yummiest tasting milk we’ve ever had!
Also, with Arla being a farmer owned cooperative, all profits from their milk go straight back to the farmers to ensure they keep producing a high quality nutritious milk.
In a 200ml glass of semi-skimmed milk, according to the Dairy Council, you will find that:
- 31% of our recommended daily calcium, (maintains normal bones and teeth)
- 74% of our recommended daily vitamin B12 to (contributes to normal function of the immune system)
- 41% of our recommended daily iodine (contributes to normal cognitive function)
- 35% of our recommended daily vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) (contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue)
- 16% of our recommended daily potassium (contributes to the maintenance of normal blood pressure)
- 14% of our recommended daily (contributes to the maintenance and growth of muscle mass)
Arla Organic Free Range Milk is now available in semi or whole per 2l bottle. Here’s a delicious raspberry and mint smoothie recipe I created using 200ml of Arla’s semi-skimmed milk to help you start your day.
Slimming World 2 Syn Raspberry & Mint Smoothie
Smoothies are a taboo on the Slimming World plan. But with the quantities laid out, you can enjoy this delicious raspberry and mint delight using parts of your Healthy Extras.
- 200 ml Semi-skimmed milk *Healthy Extra A or 5 syns if not using
- 100 g Fresh raspberries (plus more to garnish if you wish) 1 syn (Or part of your Healthy Extra B when blended)
- 50 g banana 2 syns
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- Dash Gourmet Drops syn free natural sweetener or similar
Place everything in a blender and serve.
If you enjoyed it, don't forget to tag me on Instagram @TastefullyVikkie so I know you made it!
SYNS INFORMATION IF NOT USING YOUR HEALTHY EXTRAS
8 Syns in total
- 5 Syns for 200ml of semi skimmed milk*
- 1 Syn for 100g blended raspberries*
- 50g for blended banana
HEALTHY EXTRA DAILY ALLOWANCE INFO
- 250g cooked or pureed raspberries = A Healthy Extra B
- 250ml semi skimmed milk = A Healthy Extra A
DON’T MISS OUT ON FUTURE RECIPES
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
Disclosure: this recipe is sponsored. All opinions are truthful.