WHICH THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING IS BEST VALUE FOR SYNS?
If you’ve found a thousand island dressing and you’re not sure about the syns, then you can count 1 syn for every 20 calories. However, for convenience, here’s a list of the best syn value per tbsp that I could find. Note that it is 15ml per tbsp.
Walden Farms Near Zero Thousand Island Dressing: 1/2 syn per 4 level tbsp
Kraft Light Thousand Island Dressing: 1/2 syn per level tbsp
Co-op Good Life Thousand Island Dressing: 1/2 syn per level tbsp
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
HOW MANY SYNS IN A BURGER WHILE EATING OUT?
I know it can be extremely difficult eating healthily while you’re out. Sometimes choices can be limited, so to help you think about the syns in some of the cheese burgers, this list may encourage you to think differently.
McDonald’s Big Mac: 22.5 syns
Burger King Whopper: 30.5 syns
Five Guys cheeseburger + bun: 29.5 syns
Wimpy double cheese burger: 32.5 syns
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE…
If you want to get in on what Slimming World recipes we’re talking about and generally looking for inspiration, then feel free to click above to join our Facebook group, TastefullyVikkie.com Slimming World Recipes & Ideas. We’re a friendly, non-judgemental bunch and all aiming for the same thing.
IF IN DOUBT
I am in no way associated with Slimming World or trained to give advice. I’m just a regular paying member who loves to cook and eat great food that is as good for me as possible. I take a lot of time to develop and calculate the syns of my recipes.
At the time of publication, the syn information is accurate using their Food search and Syns Calculator tools. All of which are available via the Slimming World app. But, if you’re ever in doubt, always ask your consultant, or call the Slimming World Syns Hotline: 09068 518 518. Syn information can sometimes change to help protect your weight loss, and food manufacturers often change the ingredients they use.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW? WHY NOT PIN ME FOR LATER…?
Slimming World Low Syn Big Mac in a Bowl
- 500 g Extra Lean Mince Beef
- 1 onion peeled and finely diced
- Salad or iceberg lettuce chopped
- 2 to 3 gherkins sliced
- 2 lighter cheese slices part of your Healthy Extra A
- 4 tbsp Lighter Thousand Island dressing (See list above of 1/2 syn per tbsp choices).
- Chop up all of the salad (hold back half the onion for the beef) and place at the bottom of your bowl.
- Fry off the beef, then add the other half of the chopped onion until cooked through.
- Place the beef and onion on to each bed of salad.
- Add the two cheese slices per bowl.
- Drizzle the Thousand Island dressing on each dish.