This delicious crustless egg and bacon pie is not only filling, but it’s also Syn Free on a Slimming World Extra Easy plan.
I have some great memories from my non Slimming World days.
I’d watch celebrity chefs on YouTube for hours on end, looking for some new and exciting meals to please my fiance. And I’d get to practice my cooking skills.
But when I started on more of a healthier meal focus, it really helped me understand some processes so I could play around with some of the ingredients.
I think I may have followed a Hairy Bikers recipes years ago.
It was so delicious, but as we all know pastry has a fair few syns, I just wanted the flavours and save my treats for later in the day.
So this is definitely worth a go; it really took me back and it’s really flipping easy!
WHAT MAKES IT SYN FREE?
There are a few ways to ensure this dish is Syn Free in terms of Slimming World. That is, you’re using the cheese as part of your Healthy Extra A of course.
So here’s a list of what I do:
- Eat between 4 people
- Always use low calorie cooking oil spray, such as Frylight.
- Use fat free natural yogurt.
- Use mustard powder as opposed to sauce.
- Opt for reduced cheese where possible. Many full fat cheeses can be used as a Healthy Extra A, but you can’t eat as much. For example, this recipe uses half of one’s HE A.
- Remove all visible fat from your bacon.
CAN I FREEZE CRUSTLESS BACON AND EGG PIE?
Absolutely! With a dish like this, I tend to cut it in portions and store in freezeable lidded containers and separated where possible. That way I can grab one at a time and defrost when needed within a month after cooking.
When it comes to defrosting, sometimes I cheat by heating through my meals in the microwave, similar to a ready meals. However, if I’m not in a rush, I leave them to defrost thoroughly in the fridge.
For storing in a fridge, I leave up to 5 days in a lidded tupperware box.
Here’s just a few things that goes great with my egg and bacon pie:
- Baked potato
- Bubble and squeak
- Hasselback potatoes
- New potatoes
- Cubed potatoes, baked with frylight
- Slimming World Syn Free chips
- Slimming World Syn Free butternut squash chips
If you want to get in on what Slimming World recipes we’re talking about and generally looking for inspiration, then feel free to click above to join our Facebook group, TastefullyVikkie.com Slimming World Recipes & Ideas. We’re a friendly, non-judgemental bunch and all aiming for the same thing.
TELL US YOU MADE IT!
IF IN DOUBT
I am in no way associated with Slimming World or trained to give advice. I’m just a regular paying member who loves to cook and eat great food that is as good for me as possible. I take a lot of time to develop and calculate the syns of my recipes.
At the time of publication, the syn information is accurate using their Food search and Syns Calculator tools. All of which are available via the Slimming World app. But, if you’re ever in doubt, always ask your consultant, or call the Slimming World Syns Hotline: 09068 518 518. Syn information can sometimes change to help protect your weight loss, and food manufacturers often change the ingredients they use.
CAN’T MAKE RIGHT NOW? THEN WHY NOT PIN ME FOR LATER?
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE…
Slimming World Syn Free Bacon & Egg Pie
- 1 onion diced *OPTIONAL
- 10 bacon medallions fat trimmed
- 6 eggs
- 80 g lighter mature cheddar cheese grated
- 200 g fat free natural yogurt
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- Preheat your oven on 200 degrees.
- Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil spray and cook the bacon and onion if using and set to one side.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the yogurt, two of the eggs, mustard powder, 50g of cheese and seasoning.
- Now spray a 7" quiche dish with frylight and place 3 bacon rashes on the base. Then add some onions if using, a couple of eggs, yogurt mixture.Repeat and finish with covering all the filling with the remaining yogurt mixture, then the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
- Cut in to 4 pieces and why not let me know what you ate yours with by tagging me on Instagram (#TastefullyVikkie).