I’ve really been enjoying the sunshine now that it’s finally here.
Does anyone else feel more inspired to make use of the extra day light? Well, I’ve decided to have a go at installing my own utility kitchen in my conservatory and let me tell you: the warmer working conditions are so much easier.
Perhaps I’m made to take this on myself? Hopefully I’ll win in the end!
So, after a long day of trying to work out why my new kitchen drawers were wonky (turns out there’s an adjustment screw on either side), I
wanted needed a meal that was fresh, delicious, healthy but quick too.
The answer? A fruity potato salad to go with our rump steak.
And Tesco’s Jersey Royal New Potatoes were the perfect choice for this. They’re now in season which also means the late arrival of Spring is here!
I personally just halved and simmered mine in salted water for 15 minutes in a lidded pan. I much prefer a bit of bite to my potato salad, but Jersey Royals are also ideal for steaming and roasting.
And while the hob is doing all the hard work for you, I just mixed all of the freshly chopped ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stirred in the potatoes at the end. VOILA!
I had absolutely no need to reach for my usual cheeky dollop of sauce to go with my food as the creamy consistency took its place nicely. It’s fruity addition also added a Summery twist, so think it’d be great as a BBQ side.
Tesco Jersey Royal New Potatoes are now available from @Tesco.
Slimming World Syn Free Fruity Potato Salad
- 900 g Tesco Baby Jersey Royal potatoes halved
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 1 apple peeled & diced
- 200 g fat free natural yogurt
- 100 g fat free cottage cheese
- Sprinkle of fresh chives
- 50 g grapes quartered
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar or similar
- Place the potatoes in a large sauce pan and cover with salted water, then bring to the boil.
- Now place a lid on top and lower to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Once the potatoes have cooked, drain them, then run under a cold tap to cool and mix in to the creamy sauce.
- If you liked it, then don't forget to tag me on Instagram @TastefullyVikkie so I know you made it!
PIN ME FOR LATER
DON’T MISS OUT ON FUTURE RECIPES
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Tesco Jersey Royal New Potatoes.