This Slimming World gnocchi recipe is so yummy and the perfect one pan wonder for two if you’re in a rush! Its chorizo infusion of only herbs and spices also means no need to syn any the sausage itself!
Recently I showed you how I created my new favourite chorizo infused vegetarian soup.
I’d taken all the luscious flavours from a classic Spanish sausage but left the naughty fats behind.
And it’s the recipe that just seems to keep on giving, just like this Slimming World gnocchi offering.
I’d also suggested simply using all the herbs and spices alone to marinate your meat in the fridge.
I’m still yet to do this personally and can’t wait, but to have another party in my mouth, this is what I created next and I don’t regret it.
If you think you need to boycott gnocchi dumplings on a Slimming World plan, then think again as it’s surprisingly low in syns.
There’s just something about their soothing slippy cushioned nature that offers true comfort food in a lean dish, particularly with a low fat cheesy sauce.
And that’s exactly what I did.
But instead of a tart acidic tomato sauce, this Slimming World gnocchi with chorizo flavourings offer an ultimate depth of richness and intensity.
In fact, from now on, this is how I want all of my tomato sauces.
And once you try it, I think paprika will be your go to friend. This will be changing the base of my classic lasagne forever. I can taste it already.
Making Syn Free Slimming World Gnocchi
Since making this dish, I’ve also developed my own Slimming World gnocchi that is syn free using your Healthy Extra B.
It’s not as quick, I’ll grant you that, but they’re very delicious and honestly so much fun to make.
You can find the recipe here, kneading blended oats and mashed potatoes.
Other recipes you might like
Slimming World Gnocchi Pasta in Chorizo Infused Sauce
- Low calorie cooking oil spray
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 200 g lean bacon roughly chopped
- 150 g mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes or 250ml passata
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 100 ml water or 200ml if cooking gnocchi in the sauce
- 80 g lower fat cheese grated *Uses each person's Healthy Extra A
- 400 g gnocchi (8 syns in total = 4 syns each)
- Spray a deep based pan with cooking oil and spray saute the diced onion and garlic until tender.
- Now add the lean chopped bacon and mushrooms fry for another 5 minutes, regularly stirring.
- Then add all the herbs and spices and fry for a further 5 minutes, followed by the tomatoes or passata, balsamic vinegar, puree and give it a good stir.
- Now add 200ml of water and gnocchi if cooking in the same pan. Or 100ml of water and cook and drain the gnocchi separately. Either way, simmer the sauce for 20 minutes with the lid on. But return to stir occasionally so it doesn't stick on the bottom.
- Season to taste, serve with grated cheese and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
- And if you love it too, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram #TastefullyVikkie with a photo of your yummy gnocchi dish!
Pin me for later…