So on Saturday, I did a spot of Farmer’s Food Market shopping in Nuneaton on my own for some me-time. Having had no dinner, I bought some fresh strawberries to snack on.
Then I jumped at the chance to buy a local celeriac for my planned celery soup (unfortunately I’d had no luck finding one in my local Tesco).
If you are unfamiliar with celeriac then this is understandable. I’ve only ever seen them on my hometown food market in Doncaster and there’s so little hashtags on them in the social media world.
They are a largish round root vegetable in a greenish white and distinctly smell on celery. The root section of it as always resembled a brain to me. If you can’t find one to use, then I recommend choosing 300g celery with 350g of cauliflower for the creamy texture it offers.
This recipe is perfect to supplement an aim of weight-loss or maintaining your weight. It is high in fiber, vitamin b6 to help store energy more efficiently and vitamin c for your immune system. It’s an all rounder that tastes fab!
If you’re not one for a aniseed taste in the fennel, you may want to try 1/2 tsp as opposed to my 1 tsp.
I’ve also tarted it up with a roasted nutty taste by garnishing with toasted crushed natural cashews and a drizzle of olive oil for a subtle touch of good pleasurable fats. If you want to opt for a completely fat free soup, then just skip this step completely.
The quantities you see here fit perfectly in my Morphy Richards Soup Maker which I prefer to use as I don’t have time to pot watch, but of course, this is not an essential – a pan and blender will give the same end result!
So here’s the recipe:
-250g celery, sliced
-1 leek, sliced
-1 onion, diced
-1 small potato, peeled and diced
-1 tsp fennel seeds
-400g celeriac, peeled and diced
-2 chicken stockpots or vegetable
-200g fat free natural yoghurt
-6g crushed natural cashews
-Drizzle of olive oil or truffle oil
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
1. Frylight a deep based pan and gently saute the veg, fennel seeds and seasoning for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
2. Now put everything (apart from the yoghurt) in to the soup maker or deep based pan and simmer for 25 minutes, then blend.
3. Stir in the natural yoghurt – and serve.
4. Top with a drizzle of olive or truffle oil and crushed cashews.
I hope you love this recipe too!
Don’t forget if you loved this recipes, you may want to subscribe to my YouTube recipe channel.
Slimming World Celeriac Soup Maker Recipe - Syn Free
- 400 g celeriac peeled and diced
- 250 g celery sliced
- 1 leek sliced
- 1 onion onion diced
- 1 potato peeled and diced
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 stockpots chicken
- 600 ml water
- 200 g fat free natural yoghurt
- 6 g natural cashews crushed
- Drizzle truffle oil to syn
- Frylight a deep based pan and gently saute the veg, fennel seeds and seasoning for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Now put everything (apart from the yoghurt) in to the soup maker or deep based pan and simmer for 25 minutes, then blend.
- Stir in the natural yoghurt – and serve.
- Top with an optional drizzle of olive or truffle oil and crushed cashews.
You are also welcome to join my Facebook Support Group, I LOVE SW Soup to share and discuss recipes.