For anyone who doesn’t know, one of my most visited recipes is my low syn Slimming World cola gammon!
It’s incredibly easy – bung it in the slow cooker and roast in honey at the end.
But I don’t like to eat the same meal two nights in a row. So if you have any gammon leftovers, then here’s one to definitely try! Yum yum 😀
This is the first I’ve made since joining back last month. Indian is my absolute favourite food. EVER.
(Followed by Italian of course).
Lots of herbs and spices which proves you don’t need any fats in at all, making it syn free. Oh and all the veg!
It’s an incredibly filling dish that goes a long way.
Perfect for anyone with big appetites. Are you up for the challenge? I was anyway 😉
So tuck in folks and enjoy!
Slimming World Syn Free Leftover Gammon Curry Recipe
- 500 g cooked gammon fat removed & diced
- 2 fat garlic cloves minced
- 50 g fresh ginger peeled & grated
- 1 - 2 (or more if you wish) green chillies deseeded & finely chopped
- 3 onions diced
- 2 star anise
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp garam masalla
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Spray a large deep based pan with frylight and toast the cumin seeds and star anise until browning.
- Fry the garlic and ginger until golden followed by the onions and gently cook for 20 minutes.
- Now add the puree, chilli and all the herbs and spices and cook for a further 12 minutes.
- Add the diced cooked gammon and tomatoes and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander, spring onions and serve with pilau rice.
- Oh and don't forget to tag me in a photo on Instagram if you enjoyed it 😀
DON’T MISS OUT ON FUTURE RECIPES
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
CAN’T MAKE IT RIGHT NOW? HERE’S A PIN TO SAVE IT FOR LATER!
More Gammon Recipes You Might Like!