Thrifty. Delicious. Filling. A perfect candidate to be shared in my Facebook group, Slimming World – Eating on a Budget, (which by the way, you are welcome to join!)
And I am so glad I found this Jewish recipe concept somewhere on social media and it wasn’t difficult to create a Slimming World Syn Free version.
It’s basically baked grated potatoes and once you’ve made it, you’ll be thinking about how you could make a pudding out of it too or a spaghetti version!
Recipe – Serves 4
- 2 onions, diced
- 1.1kg potatoes, peeled & grated (approx 6 potatoes)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 130g quark
- (Optional) 80g low fat cheese, grated *(Half of each person’s Healthy Extra A if serving 4)
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Preheat your oven on 200 degrees.
- Spray a medium sized baking dish with frylight and place in the oven to warm up.
- Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with more frylight and saute the onions until softened.
- Now peel and grate the potatoes in to a large bowl.
- Then in a separate bowl or jug, mix together the remaining ingredients and stir in to the potatoes, followed by the onions and cheese.
- Remove the warm dish from the oven and pour in the potato mixture and level with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes and tag me on Instagram with a pic so I know you made it!