Has anyone else really struggled to to adjust to the darker nights recently? All last week I had lots of early nights, only to feel replenished the next day. I’ve had heavy eyes and really struggled to focus working and get motivated, so any cooking tips that save me time right now have been a god send; like these slow cooker baked potatoes.
I’ve seen it a few times here and there but was dubious about cooking with my machine using no water. My first machine cracked on me years ago but it could have had a weakness as this tip worked fine in my Breville one.
Anyway, it’s so flipping simple and hopefully it could help some of your days run smoother.
Things You’ll Need
- Oil or oil spray
- Potatoes (larger the better)
- Salt (optional but gives the flesh a sweeter taste)
- Tin foil
- Slow Cooker (duh!)
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- Prick the potatoes with a fork.
- Coat with oil.
- Rub with salt.
- Cover tightly tin foil. Note: If you don’t, the flesh won’t be as sweet and the skin will be harder which isn’t as great with smaller tatties.
- Place in slow cover with lid on and cook on Low for 6-7 hours or High for 3-4 hours.
- Let me know what you thought in the comments below or how you ate yours on Instagram with a pic!