Just before we packed our bags for the bank holiday weekend, I had three tubs of vanilla quark calling me in the fridge.
Luckily I’d picked them up for 35p each to make a thrifty crowd pleasing New York style cheesecake and I’m so glad I did.
However, it needs pointing out that not all quark tubs are free (I learnt after I made it).
The flavoured ones seem to be 5 syns per 250g tubs, however, it is a little bit more forgiving using the syn free plain ones with sweetener and vanilla essence.
Both ways are just as lovely and are demonstrated below and an Oreo Mini Cheesecake Recipe can be found here.
And of course, if you’ve got a few guests you want to impress, then it would look even more amazing topped with fresh fruit, particularly berries.
HERE’S ONE OF MY READER’S PICS!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram (@TastefullyVikkie) so I know you made it!
Slimming World New York Style Cheesecake - Serves 8
- 80 g digestive biscuits *(28 syns)
- 40 g flora light margarine *(6 syns)
- 3 eggs
- 750 g vanilla quark *(=15 Syns in total)
- Preheat your oven on 200 degrees.
- Butter the base of a 9 inch cake tin or similar and line with baking paper.
- Blend the biscuits to crumbs and place in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan and stir in to the biscuit crumbs until mixed well.
- Transfer the crumbs to the lined cake tin and press down with the back of a spoon.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together the eggs and quark (and vanilla and sweetener if using plain quark).
- Pour on top of the biscuit crumbs and smooth if needed to make level.
- Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes until set, but if browning on the egdes too soon, cover the top with some tinfoil until the time is up.
- Remove from the oven until cooled and place in the fridge until completely cold and serve.
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
Can’t make it right now? Then why not Pin the thumbnail for later?