I’ve been looking for a new next soup combination for a while and I think you’re going to love this one!
It’s rich, it’s tasty and so smooth on the palette with very little hard work indeed. In fact, cooking with a butternut can be rather time consuming. They’re tough buggers, aren’t they?
I’ve featured a few butternut squash soups while blogging. Its sweetness is usually compliments some fresh ginger and chilli like a charm and there’s one that I call THE BEST.
But I’ve also created simpler ones too like this one too.
But, while I had one in my cupboard and a red pepper hanging around at the back of my fridge, this beautiful combination was born!
Also, if you’re wondering about these potato, cheese and onion muffins (which are syn free), I’ll be sharing the recipe very soon., I promise! But crumbling them up really brought back memories of my Dad with his bowls of Heinz tomato soup!
Slimming World Syn Free Butternut & Red Pepper Soup
- 1 butternut squash left whole
- 1 red pepper deseeded & chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large potato peeled & chopped
- 2 small onions peeled & chopped
- 750 ml water
- 2 vegetable stockcubes
- 2 cm fresh ginger peeled & grated
- Place the whole butternut in the slow cooker and leave on low for 5-6 hours as My Fussy Eater shows here. (I had mine on low overnight and it was fine).
- Once tender, cut open, discard the seeds, then transfer the flesh to a soup maker (this is mine) or a pan, leaving the skin behind.
- Now add everything else to the soup maker or pan. Set the soup maker to smooth and serve. If using a pan, simmer for 20-22 minutes until everything is tender and blitz until smooth.
- If you made it and loved it, why not tag me on Instagram with a pic using @TastefullyVikkie?
DON’T MISS OUT ON FUTURE RECIPES
And if you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW? THEN WHY NOT PIN IT FOR LATER…