This recipe was truly delicious that I had to share!
It’s incredibly simple and was originally made on a whim using my Denby Casserole cast iron pot and have made it a few times since.
You can either keep simmering it on the hob, or opt for a more stress-free option like me and pop it in the oven for an hour.
I used to hate casserole as a kid. Chicken casserole in particular.
I wouldn’t half moan as the juices completely melted the mashed potatoes. Sorry Mum!
These days it’s a different story, although I do favour pork over chicken in a dish like this.
It’s a syn free little number, which is great.
It’s full of flavour and a great alternative to a medallion. Sometimes we can have a little bit too many pork chops, chips and beans in our house.
But if you want something different, you can find even more new pork recipes here if you’re stuck for ideas!
Slimming World Syn Free Delicious Pork Casserole
- 4 Pork medallions fat removed & diced (or left whole)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 onions diced
- 1 green pepper deseeded & diced
- 100 g mushrooms sliced
- 400 ml water
- 2 beef oxo cubes
- 1 bay leaf or bouquet garni
- Sprinkle Fresh parsley or chives
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Spray a large cast iron dish or oven proof pan with frylight and sear the meat on high for around 3 minutes (or until all the juices have evaporated).
- Now add all the vegetables and continue frying until the onions have softened.
- Add the remaining ingredients and place in the oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes (the longer, the sweeter).
- Serve with plenty of mash and vegetables
- Did you enjoy it? If so, why not tag me on Instagram (@TastefullyVikkie) so I know you made it!
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW? THEN WHY NOT PIN IT FOR LATER?