As it’s my first day back at work after a week of camping, my ol’ faithful came out for something wholesome and delicious. I have almost been drawn to tears today with the amount of work I came back to, but after giving myself a few pep talks, telling myself I was ok for time, I managed it all with a few minutes to spare to share this “chuck it all in the pot” type recipe. (A busy-body’s best friend).
Thank heavens for stew, I say. And more to the point, slow cookers. Now I know it was only a couple of months since my last Syn Free Scotch Broth Stew recipe but that one was thickened up with lentils and had a lot more vegetables in. However, this one is beautiful on the watery side like a beefy gravy to my chips. Oh yeah. But it’s amazing with my latest thickening trick.
Recipe – Serves 2 (Or Double for 4)
- 300-400g lean braising/stewing steak, whole or diced
- 2 onions, halved & sliced
- 1 celery stick, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled & sliced
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 pepper, deseeded & chopped
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 400ml water
- 2 tbsp porridge oats *(Healthy Extra)
- Spray a large frying pan with frylight and sear the meat on both sides then transfer to your slow cooker.
- Now transfer everything else to the slow cooker and set on low and leave for a minimum of 5 hours (the longer the better).
- Season to taste and serve.
- And don’t forget, I love being tagged in photos on Instagram (#TastefullyVikkie) so I know you’ve made it!
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
Tastefully Vikkie x