You know I love a good curry, so when I teamed up with Foodies100 and Simply Beef & Lambs’ #LIVEPEASANT sponsored campaign, I thought it would be a great easy offering to all by making a recipe in the slow cooker.
I use mine so much and with a little bit of smart planning, it’s great for freeing up your hands to get on with other thing without compromising on a deliciously wholesome meal for the family.
And it doesn’t have to be expensive either. You can even pick up farm assured lamb or beef with the Red Tractor label from Aldi.
Recipes – Serves 4
- Low calorie cooking oil spray or 1 tsp olive oil
- 700g diced beef, fat trimmed
- 3 onions, chopped
- 20g fresh root ginger, peeled& grated
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tsp turmeric
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 12 tomatoes, chopped or 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Fresh coriander to garnish
If you don’t want to miss out on future recipes, then why not subscribe for free below to get the latest straight in your inbox?
- In a food processor, blend the onion, garlic, ginger and water until a paste has formed.
- Spray a large frying pan with cooking oil spray and brown off the beef.
- Add the onion paste and continue frying for another 5 minutes.
- Now add all of the spices and fry for another 2 minutes and transfer to your Slow Cooker.
- Finally add the tomatoes of your choice and tomato puree and stir well.
- Pop the lid on and cook on Low for 6-7+ hours or High for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in some fresh coriander leaves and serve with rice and optional naan bread, samosas, bhajis etc.
- Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram #TastefullyVikkie with #LIVEPEASANT with a photo of your meal if you do try it!
Tastefully Vikkie x